Launcher not working with more RAM

I am trying to use the Modded Network Launcher, and it will not let me change the RAM usage. I can physically change the number and save it, but when I try to launch any of the downloaded servers, the launcher window disappears, then reappears without actually launching Minecraft. I can launch the game with one Gigabyte, but that isn't enough to actually run it well. I'm not sure, but it could be that I don't have an updated Java version. If anyone could help, that would be great.

NiightFuryDragon

Staff member
Community Manager
hello LegoBob it seems to me that you're only running a 32bit java you need to update to a 64bit version you can update by following there's instructions

1.) Close the Technic launcher. It should not be running!
2.) Open http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp in your web browser
3.) Download the version that has 64-bit in it for your operating system. If you're using Windows download the one that says Windows Offline (64-Bit).
4.) After the download is complete. You must install it. You can do so by double-clicking on the icon to run it.
5.) After it installs start up the Technic launcher again.
6.) Click on Launcher Options in the top right of the screen.
7.) Click on the tab called Java Settings
8.) Click on the drop-down called Minecraft Java Version and select the option that says 1.8_151 64-Bit.
9.) Click the drop-down called Memory and select an option that's between 2 GB and 4 GB. Do not select an option higher than 4 GB!

if you're running the modded network launcher then it will auto update